Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Wet n Wild VS NYX



CONTESTANT STATS

Wet n Wild Coverall Correcting Palette

Number of Shades- 4
Formula- Cream
Price-$3.99 at CVS

NYX Color Correcting Concealer

Number of Shades- 6
Formula- Cream
Price- $11.99 at Ulta Beauty

So a few weeks ago I picked up the Wet n Wild Correcting Palette on a whim. I’ve been hearing about the advantages of colored concealers. Especially with the new craze of clown contorting I thought it would be fun to try it out.
With the Wet n Wild pallet only costing $4 I didn’t feel like I was losing anything. There are a few things that I immediately like and didn’t like so much.
One of my major likes is the white color. I have VERY light skin and I use this shade as a high light. It has very fine shimmer and looks great on my skin. I don’t like that there is no little ridges between colors though. I’ve already had colors get a bit mixed in my rush to get ready….All the colors are quite pigmented if a little chalky. I just add a bit of oil to it and it goes on fine. I don’t mind the chalky consistency too much because I love a very matte finish anyway.
OVERALL I THINK THAT THE WET N WILD VERSION DOES WHAT IT SHOULD FOR THE MONEY IT COSTS. It will defiantly work great for those who don’t feel like spending big bucks on their make-up routine.



OK…now to NYX Color Correcting Concealer. So I’m just trying this out now and I really hope that it has amazing coverage because it’s a concealer. So after a quick swatching session and a little fiddling I think I’m in love. These are SO creamy and glide on perfectly. The colors are quite light and not as pigmented as I wanted but still quite nice. They blend out perfectly and with some foundation they would be great.
I don’t know if I really feel like this is worth $12 but I don’t feel like it was wasted money. I really like that it has a few contorting shades and the pink is very nice but I feel like it could really use a shade of white. I would suggest this for those who have sensitive skin or don’t want to bother with mixing oil into their makeup. I think this is a better quality formula.






AND NOW FOR THE WINNER! The winner of this battle is……..NYX Color Correcting Concealer.  Though I still stand by the Wet N Wild version.

No comments:

Post a Comment