Monday, July 13, 2015

Two Favorite Drug Store Brands

Two Favorite Drug Store Brands

Hello Gorgeous! I’m excited to tell you about a few of my favorite products and brands of the moment. I’m the type of person that gets really attached to certain products and these are the ones that I cannot stop using!
Sonia Kashuk and Milani can be found at Target and CVS respectively. I know for a fact that Sonia Kashuk is available exclusively at Target and I’ll link the website below.  Milani I have seen a few other places including the dollar store but I can most often find it in CVS. But now let’s get to the fun part!



Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette

Brand: Sonia Kashuk
Shade: Light 07
Price: $10.99
This pallet is one of the best things I have bought in a long time! It’s a little pricy for a drug store brand but it totally worth the money. Each color is smooth and buttery and sits on the skin well. I find it blendable and buildable which is great. I also love the green tinted shade for covering redness. Out of the whole palette the setting powder is the best. It’s silky soft and keeps all of my concealers in place for hours. I love that it is actually pale enough that it actually matches my skin tone. This is rare because I’m practically transparent (lol). Also all Sonia Kashuk products have a magnetic closure which is a blessing. Unless you’re like me and bobby pins get stuck to it all the time.

Baked Powder Blush

Brand: Milani
Shade: Red Vino 09
Price: $8.49
This blush is my go to for summer. It’s a very warm red color with a very fine shimmer though it appears mostly matte when applied. The only thing that I would really like is for the packaging not to wear so poorly. The Milani logo has almost half disappeared in just a month. This product also has a Mirror and  small blush brush that comes with it. The brush is not very good quality but I find the mirror very handy.

Undetectable Creame Bronzer

Brand: Sonia Kashuk
Shade: Warm Tan 41
Price: $10:99
I am completely obsessed with this bronzer. The only drawback at this point is that it is a creame formula. I tend to have a bit of trouble applying it correctly but it’s just operator’s error not a problem with the actual product. The texture is divine. The product comes out super pigmented and smooth and blendable. I find it blends particularly well using my Beauty Blender but I’ve also used my fingers with great success. The product is VERY warm toned so for those ladies out there that aren’t into this I would try Sahara Sunset Bronzing Blush Stick instead.



Swatches of Blush and Bronzer

Color Statement Lipstick

Brand: Milani
Shades: (Lightest to Darkest) Matte Naked 61, Uptown Mauve 20, Sangria 21
Price: $5.99
These are the best lipsticks from the drug store that I’ve tried in a long time. All the colors are super wearable and they only dry out your lips if you don’t wear lip balm underneath the product. I’ve found that while they are not completely matte but they can pass for matte in a pinch. I think the packaging is super cute and I love how the actual product is displayed at the bottom. It makes knowing the color a bit easier for me. I’ve worn these to parties and only had it wear off when I ate a meal. I appreciate the staying power and quality of such an affordable lipstick.

http://soniakashuk.com/

http://milanicosmetics.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment