Tuesday, July 21, 2015

E.L.F.'s Belle Collection

E.L.F.’s Belle Collection


Price: $12.99
Brand: E.L.F. Cosmetic’s
Buy: Only available at Walgreen’s

A few days ago I was walking through Walgreen just going there to get some RX’s and grab some milk. It was then that I saw it. Disney themed make up! I had to try it. I only picked up E.L.F’s Beauty and the Beast line so far but if you guys ask I might pick up some more. The other princess’s lines aren’t branded by any well-known cosmetics brand so I was a little nervous about trying them yet.
So on to the review! I purchased the “Beauty Book” It’s very cute on the outside and has a good selection of line. It opens with a cute little mirror but it’s not real glass so that’s sad and there is no magnetic closure either. There are also a couple of suggestions about how to apply the products which I tried out and will be posting the results (which are quite hilarious) next week.
Let’s start with the brush included. It’s a typical eye-shadow brush but I find it to be a lesser quality than other E.L.F. brushes. The bristles are a bit rough and bothers my eyes when I use the brush. 
I’ve now tried all of the 7 eye shadows and I really like all the colors except for Beast. Beast is a really pretty color but it’s too much of a typical blue 80’s eye shadow. When worn it looks like your back in eighth grade just learning how to put on makeup. I might try Beast with a navy eye liner or use it for a Halloween costume.
Furthermore, the eye shadows have a strange consistency. They are sort of chalky and don’t have hardly any fall out. Which is nice if only they would come off on the brush better and apply evenly. Even though they are difficult to work with I will probably use them quite often just because I love shades of gold.
As for the blush (A Single Rose)  and bronzer (Enchanted)…I adore them! The blush is a great shade of orangey pink. It has a light glittery shine to it but most light skin tones are going to look great with the blush. The bronzer is a nice warm brown that is again very nice for light skin tones. Also a major plus the bronzer is MATTE! It’s perfect for me. These are both very pigmented and come off nicely (not chalky at all). They do apply a little unevenly but with a little work I didn’t have a problem with them.
It also comes with both a brown and a black eyeliner. Nothing special, these are just basic E.L.F. eyeliners with some fancy names (Spell on the Castle and Happily Ever After). The last piece of the “book” is a lip gloss in a bright ruby red. It’s named Love’s Kiss and I thought It would look super tacky but it actually looks very classy. It’s still a lip gloss so I don’t really like it much. (I prefer lipsticks) but it was an OK product.


Overall I find the book to not be worth the money. The best part is the packaging and the products are sub par for it’s price. If you like Beauty and the Beast go ahead and purchase it if not just keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment