Monday, July 13, 2015

July 2015 Birch Box!

July 2015 Birch Box!

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Brand: Oribe
Price:$22-42 (Full Size)
I am so excited about this product. I love the smell and the size of the sample. I’ll be able to get several uses out of it to decide how I like it. I do feel the full size pricing is a little high. I’ve never spent that much on shampoo let a alone a texturizing spray but if I really like it I could see myself splurging. Also, It says that this is supposed to be an alternative to dry shampoo. I don’t know if it will work as well because it doesn’t have any type of powder in the product. It’s more like a light hair spray than a dry shampoo but I’m willing to give it a shot.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick

Brand: Stila
Shade: Venizia 14
Price: $20 (set of three)
I might be in love guys! This is a true wet to matte lipstick. It glides on like a gloss and drys completely matte. I haven’t tried it to see how long it stays but it’s supposed to last “all day”. I’m not sure what kind of time period that is but it would totally be worth carrying it around to reapply. I love the color. It’s a beautiful orangy-red that looks great on my light skin tone. I really feel that it would look great on olive complexions too. Overall a steal for about just under $7 a piece! Also it smells wonderful! It’s got a vanilla scent so if you don’t like scented products you might want to pass.

Coola Cucumber Moisturizer

Brand: Coola
Price: $32 (full size)
Certified Organic!!!!
Ok so this sample size is really small in my opinion for a facial moisturizer but it might just be me. I feel like I could probably get two MAYBE three tries before I would run out. I really like to give products like this a good go before purchasing. Especially when they’re over the $25 mark. But it does smell like cucumbers and it’s a pleasant smell. It absorbed really quickly and didn’t leave any greasy residue but I thought it was a little thin. I’m used to moisturizers that are quite thick and this one didn’t hit that mark. I’ll have to give it a few more tries before I’m sure but so far not my favorite.

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrazion Skin Exfoliate

Brand: Dr. Brandt
Price: $78 (full size)
This is creamy kind of skin scrub that smells a bit chemical for my taste. It’s a lot like the Visanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. It has small micro bead type crystals that scrub all the dead skin off your face. I really like Brighten Up! Even more then that I like the price. ($34). I really don’t feel like this product does enough to warrant it’s $78 price tag.
Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara

Brand: Benefit Cosmetics

Price: $24 (full size)
I am SO excited to try this product. I’ve been hearing about it non-stop by people who love it or hate it and now I can finally have an opinion. Luckily, I got a black sample otherwise it would have been completely useless to me. I don’t believe in any other color of mascara unless it’s Halloween. It seems like a really good sample size. It’s about a third of the size of a regular mascara. I don’t know what else to say unless I try it right now….oh hell I’m gonna go put it on. …(5 minutes later)….
Ok so the first impression is really good. It curled my lashes amazingly. I could almost give up my eyelash curler with this…almost. It also did give the base a very full look which I adore but I feel like the lashes look a litter spider-leggy if you know what I mean. Overall I really like it but I need to try it with a full face of makeup on before the final verdict.










If you’re interested in any of these products most can be found at Sephora but all can be found at Birchbox.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment