Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What’s in my Birchbox? September


Brand: (Malin+Goetz)
Product: Grapefruit Face Clenser
Shade: N/A
Price: $26 (full size)

I don’t know how I feel about this product. Its cute enough and has very stream line packaging but other than that it will just depend on how well it works. The sample size is quite generous. I’ll be able to use this for a while and decide what I think. The product itself is a completely clear sort of gel. It smells quite nice with a light grapefruit scent. I think it could be very helpful for those who have issues with keeping their skins PH in balance.

Brand: Davines
Product: LOVE smoothing shampoo
Shade: N/A
Price: $35 (full size)

So I have no idea what this is really supposed to do to my hair. The bottle says “lovely smoothing shampoo for coarse or frizzy hair”. This doesn’t tell me a whole lot except that hopefully it will tame  my natural curls. But it concerns me a bit also because, as my hair has gotten longer my “curls” have become more like waves. So hopefully it will work still. If not I’ll give it to a friend. They gave me a whole 2.5 oz. I think this could last me at least three washes if I am conservative with the product.

Brand: NERD skincare
Product: Super Hydrating Mask
Shade: N/A
Price: $27 for 3 pack

These are supposed to be used twice a month and look like one of the newer trends of paper masks….if that makes sense. You’re supposed to put it on and leave it for at least 30 minutes. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT. I’ll make time for this one but unless it turns me in to Beyoncé I will not be buying these.

Brand: POP Beauty
Product: POP Portfolio Eyeshadow
Shade: Sugar Plum
Price: $24 (full size)

OK guys listen up because these are beautiful. I’m not sure what the full size of this is like but I really thought that this sample was a full size trio. The packaging is superb for a sample. It’s all plastic and super cute. They even sent one of the little application sponges. Also, if you’re into shimmer eyeshadows these are the colors for you. They all swatched beautifully and are super creamy and pigmented. This is the best thing in the box this month. I can’t wait to use these. 

Brand: Rituals
Product: Happy Buddha Foaming Shower Gel
Shade: N/A
Price: $25

Can anyone say cultural appropriation? Other than this being offensive to Buddhists I have very few thoughts on this product. Obviously I won’t buy it because it’s offensive to me. But it smells good enough and the foaming part is very true. Nuf said. I’m not interested in products that use a part of someone’s culture to make money.







No comments:

Post a Comment