Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Contourting 101

 How do I Contour?

Hey Ladies! So today was super rainy and sad in Indiana so I decided to do a bit of contouring to cheer myself up. I know that some people don't understand or know how to contour but it's super easy once you get the hang of it.

First off I'll be using Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Light to Medium. I just got this pallet and I AM IN LOVE! Its super bendable and very easy to work with. The only drawback is that it only comes in two shade: Light to Medium and Medium to Tan.

Any way! On to the main event. Make sure to contour after concealer and foundation but before you do blush and highlighting. So to get your contour in the right places for your face may take some tweaking but I have a fairly round face and this is my routine.

First you want to thin your face! 

To do this simply place your contour around the outer edges of your face. Think about how shadows would naturally fall. these are the places your want to add the contour. It will make the shadow more apparent and give the illusion that your face is a different shape.
The next step is to add contour under your cheekbones. You want to try to hallow out the area between your cheekbones and your jaw line. 

Think Sleeping Beauty not Maleficent.

If you go to harsh with the contour than you'll end up looking ill or way to tan.....
The last step is to add contour lines to your noes. I have a VERY large nose so I keep these lines as straight as possible. This helps make my nose look smaller but BE CAREFUL, if you contour your nose wrong you'll look like Pinocchio. 

After this step just blend away. I used the Real Techniques Limited Addition Metallic Contour Brush but most types of blending will do. Make sure to blend away form where the light would hit ie: into the hairline, into the jaw line, away from the nose, ect.
With a little practice you'll get the hang of it! Once it's all blended just finish everything else up and you'll look beautiful....but that's probably just because you're all already beautiful! 

Keep smiling! 
XO Riki


No comments:

Post a Comment